M-PESA Agent’s Withdrawal Rates V/S ATM’s Withdrawal Rates
M-PESA, Kenya’s leading money transfer service, has not only the widest network of agents country wide, but also more option’s when it comes to ATM withdrawal.
M-PESA users have the option of withdrawing from the following ATM centers:
- PesaPoint ATM’s
- Equity Bank Branches ATM’s
- Diamond Trust Bank ATM’s
Below is a comparison between M-PESA Agents and ATM’s withdrawal rates, it can also serve as a guide to cash withdrawal rates:
First on Your Phone:
- Select ‘ATM Withdrawal’ from the M-PESA menu
- Enter PesaPoint’s Agent Code (555 555) or Equity Bank Code (286286) or Diamond Trust Code (555 555)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- You will receive an SMS notification from M-PESA with 6 digit authorizing code
Then on the ATM
- Select the M-PESA button on the PesaPoint, Equity Bank or Diamond Trust Bank ATM
- Select preferred language
- Enter the 6-digit ATM Authorizing Code on the ATM keyboard
- Enter your Safaricom mobile number
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw, press Continue to proceed with transaction
- ATM will dispense your cash and issue you with a receipt. You will also receive an SMS from M-PESA confirming the transaction.
Edit: The maximum amount you can withdraw from PesaPont ATM and Diamond Trust Bank ATM is KES 20,000, while the maximum you can withdraw from Equity Bank ATM is KES 35,000.