- Click on the Buy/Sell Shares button.
- A pop-up modal will appear, read the instructions then click on Activate Trading.
Follow the following steps:
Step 1: Fill in the correct Personal Details and click Update when done.
Step 2: Fill in your Contact Details .
- Once you enter your Mobile Number and click Send Code, you will receive an SMS with a Confirmation Code.
- Enter the code and click Verify.
- Enter the remaining contact details and click Update when done.
Step 3: Upload all the required Documents.
- Make sure that you upload a clear passport picture, take a picture or scan copy of Kenyan ID both front and back or National passport and a signature image(signed on a clear white background).
- A proof of residence verifies where you currently live. It can be: a valid driver's license, an income tax return, utility bills such as water,electricity, internet and telephone bills. The document you upload must have your name and it should be as recent possible.
Step 4: If you have a CDS Account, fill in the details. This is optional. Click Update when done.
Step 5: Fill in your Bank Account details if you prefer to receive withdrawals and dividend payments via your bank account. This is optional. Click Update when done.
Step 6: After you have completed all the above information, click on Review and Submit button. You can review the updated profile and also the Trading Terms and Conditions then click Submit. After which you will receive a notification that your account is under review which takes 2-3 days. Your account can be approved or suspended, depending on validity of information provided during application. If your account is approved, a copy of your Trading Contract will be sent to your registered email address . If your account has been suspended, you will receive a notification, with the fields you filled incorrectly or could not be verified. You can edit what you filled incorrectly even after your account has been suspended .